Follow along with this video course to learn the gothic calligraphy style that is the foundation of all of my calligraphy work
This is the recording from a recent online course covering all of the information needed to get started writing in the Blackletter (Gothic) calligraphy style. In this video, I provide an introduction to my favorite essential tools, a detailed review, and an explanation on how to use and maintain Pilot Parallel pens, and walk you through writing a minuscule (lowercase) alphabet.
In these videos, I also provide several tips and tricks, and answer questions from the audience.
In addition to the videos, I've also provided three eBooks with explanations and lettering guides. The ebooks are provided in PDF format.
This series contains all the following items:
- Introduction: An overview of the material covered in the course.
- Supplies: A detailed explanation of the supplies used.
- Basic Pen Strokes: I explain some tips on the variety of strokes that can be made with the Pilot Parallel pen.
- Miniscule Alphabet Walkthrough:
- eBooks (in PDF Format)
- Introduction: An introduction covering everything included with the product.
- Supplies: A summary of the essential supplies used in the course
- Lettering Guides: Information and explanation of lettering structure and the practice guides.
- Blank Lettering Guides: Information and explanation of lettering structure and the practice guides.
- Three lettering guide sizes are included so that you can practice with a variety of broad nib pen sizes (2.4mm (orange Pilot Parallel Pen), 3.0mm, and 3.8mm (green Pilot Parallel Pen))
Please Note: this is a digital product and you will receive a download link at checkout and via email after purchase.
The full lowercase and uppercase alphabet instructional lettering guides that are mentioned in the videos are available here.